Saturday, September 23, 2006

How to add a comment

A lot of people have written to say they don't really know how to use a blog. It's simple; you just need to know where to click.

A blog is basically someone's online diary, except that others can add their comments. I start a topic by posting an initial message; others (you) add comments.

There are many different types of blogs on the Internet. I use a popular one called Blogspot. Here's how it works.

Underneath each of my initial posts is a note "3 COMMENTS," "12 COMMENTS," etc. Click that note to read the comments or add one of your own. A new window will open up, where you can read the comments and add one.

To add a comment you'll need to register, which takes a couple of minutes. You don't need to show your name publicly (you can post as Anonymous or any nickname), but the registration info (behind the scenes) is a way of having people be responsible for their posts. (It avoids spam-like posts or "hit-and-run" flaming messages.)

I very much hope you'll contribute. Dialog is the whole reason I started this blog. I want to share my thoughts and I want to know yours.

If you want to know more about blogs, a good (though long) description is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog. Detailed Blogspot help is at http://help.blogger.com/. But if you only want to read and post, the above is all you need to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul:

I enjoy reading about the issues surrounding the operations of a hospital. I especially enjoy the "union issues" section. Its nice to review other sources of information concerning management/labor relations.

The vast majority of my day is centered upon issues involving multiple union contracts.

Stan Usovicz
Town Manager

Anonymous said...

Some people confused how they can add a comment in blog, because whenever he or she try to add a comment site first open a login page and most of times user does'nt have it.